About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Legal Accounts Clerk to join a fun and collegiate team within a highly regarded law firm. You will report into the Finance Manager and manage the firm's trust and billing requirements as well as assist with other accounting functions when required. This opportunity is offered on a permanent full-time basis. Duties & responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing the practice groups with high quality, accurate and timely accounts support whilst adhering to the firm's policies, systems and procedures. Your role will specifically manage all accounts receivable, invoicing and billing requirements for the firm and will include:
Skills & Experience
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Completing EFT receipting and firm banking
- Management of the firm's billing system including process review and recommendations for improvement
- Management of the firm's trust account audit including liaising with the external auditor
- Attending to all billing requirements within the firm
- Management of the firm's investment monies
- Assist with other accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, debt collection, weekly reporting as well as undertake any other duties as directed by the Finance Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
Benefits & Culture
- Law firm experience is essential
- Previous experience (a minimum of 3 years) in a legal accounts clerks / billing position.
- Previous knowledge in data analysis and reconciliation procedures.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and consultation skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills with a proven ability to deal with competing deadlines accurately and efficiently.
- Capacity to be self-managed and be self-motivated.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
In return for your strong work performance, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, excellent training and mentoring. Not only that, you will be working within a collegiate and experienced team who work together in creating a fun and enjoyable working environment. If you are enthusiastic, a great team player and want to work for a great firm, then this opportunity is for you.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume through the APPLY
button. Alternatively, for additional information you can call Mandy
on (03) 9077 7491. *All communication will be strictly confidential.
Please our website for more opportunities: